Friday, June 3, 2011

What's your average thermostat temerature for your house in winter?

I live in Ontario, Canada. I am just wondering what is the average temp of your thermostat and how much does it fluctuate?



I recently moved to a house and my family is opening windows to smoke so I find the the temperature jumps a lot. They tell me I'm an idiot. Isn't it common sense that if you open the windows in winter, the heat escapes which causes the furnace to work twice as hard??



Can someone give me there take on the situation?



Thanks!What's your average thermostat temerature for your house in winter?Yeah, heath moves away to places that are colder, so opening the window makes all the heath escape and the thermostat tries to compromise it by producing more warmth. Perhaps you could encourage them to smoke outside as much as possible, so it won't get cold inside?



Since we're keeping it isolated here, it's about 19 degrees Celsius during the day and 15 degrees during the night. For me, that's comfortable.What's your average thermostat temerature for your house in winter?You are right about the common sense related to open windows. When windows, doors, or even cracks are open to the outside air, there will be some transfer of interior air and exterior air. the extent of which will be proportional to the relative size of the opening, AND the speed and direction of outside wind.



Depending on how cold it is outside, the furnace could be forced to work harder than twice.What's your average thermostat temerature for your house in winter?Well hey there..I am in Ontario too! A furnace needs fresh air to work properly anyway, so opening up the window won't really make much of a difference..personally I open windows every once in a while just to let the stale air out and fresh air in on nice winter days. As for our temperature in the house..well, we have two settings..we have electric boiler infloor heating and forced air to circulate the heat, so they are set at two different temperatures.

You might just be like me...cold outside, so feel cold when window open whether I really am or not..hubby always jokes that when the sun goes down I automatically think I am cold..LOLWhat's your average thermostat temerature for your house in winter?I set mine at 67 degrees F in the day, and 62 at night, but it is usually warmer in here because we have a woodstove for most of our heat. Sometimes it burns down, though, especially at night, and the off-peak electric heat comes on. I'm in central Minnesota. I am too lazy to re-derive that stupid conversion formula %26amp; hoping you can think in fareignheit better than I can think in celsius. Stupid US just won't conform to the rest of the world, and I am a prisoner of my culture %26amp; can't estimate temps in celsius.What's your average thermostat temerature for your house in winter?Yes, your furnace is going to work harder if they are opening the windows to smoke. Our average temp is 71-72 deg Farenheit.
  • celebrity myspace
  • from common suggestions
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment