Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I have a question about adjusting the heat anticipator on my thermostat,first of all the thermostat only runs?

the blower on the furnace because i have an outdoor wood boiler so can you adjust the anticipator so that say i have the thermostat set at 72 degrees it will actually have to get up to say 74 or 75 before it will shut off or is that not how the anticipator works?I have a question about adjusting the heat anticipator on my thermostat,first of all the thermostat only runs?For the old non-digital ones you are supposed to adjust the anticipator setting so the number near its pointer matches the current drawn by the thermostat control. If it is .3 amps then turn it to .3.



The idea of the anticipator is to heat up the thermostat so it shuts off the heat or the blower before the room hits that shut-off temperature. Otherwise the heat will keep coming and make the house end up too hot. What you are asking it to do is the opposite of how it works.I have a question about adjusting the heat anticipator on my thermostat,first of all the thermostat only runs?you can adjust in on a non-digital typeI have a question about adjusting the heat anticipator on my thermostat,first of all the thermostat only runs?Yes on old mechanical types you can do that. You can do it by setting the anticipator at a lower setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment