Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My 99 Grand Am needs a new thermostat, how hard is it to change?

I am relatively mechanically inclined, I think my 99 Pontiac Grand Am (3.4L V6 Auto) is in need of a new thermostat. I have changed them in the past on (even) older cars, but I want to know if they are hard to change on this car. Does anyone have any experience with this particular car?My 99 Grand Am needs a new thermostat, how hard is it to change?Find a shop manual for your car and look it up. Either check one out from a library, or look it up in your local auto part store.



I don't have specific experience with your car model, and sometimes front-wheel-drive packaging is a little tight and my put things in odd places, but usually it will be in the vicinity of where the radiator hoses meet the block so probably toward the front of the engine.


No comments:

Post a Comment