Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I bypass a thermostat on a power gable vent?

I want to be able to bypass the power vent thermostat so that I can turn the fan on manually during the winter. The thermostat only goes as low as 50 degrees. I need to be able to turn it on to keep the attic below 32 degrees in the winter. I don't want to eliminate the thermostat all together, because it will do its job fine during the hot summer months.How can I bypass a thermostat on a power gable vent?Shouldn't be too difficult, just open the box on the side of the fan and wire in a two-conductor Romex wire or MC (whichever you prefer) and down to a switch location of your choice.



Turn off power to the fan BEFORE doing any electrical work!How can I bypass a thermostat on a power gable vent?Do you have a switch on it now? You can add another bypass switch by running wires to either side of the switch and then connecting that to the switch. Turn it on to bypass the thermostate and off to let the switch function. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment