Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I check to see if my thermostat went out?

HVAC is a heat pump with a totaline thermostat. 7 yrs old. No power to the thermostat.How do I check to see if my thermostat went out?Not sure what you mean by no power to the thermostat. Did you actually measure the low voltage lines on the back side?



1)If you did then there is one more easy thing to check. Many gas furnaces power the thermostat circuit with a transformer mounted to the furnace, often the transformer is powered via a fuse mounted close by. I don't know if heat pumps are similar but if so, and in the unlikely event the fuse blew, its an easy fix.



2)If you have a digital thermostat with a display and the display shows nothing perhaps its the thermostat battery. I think Honeywell digital thermostats power their displays from battery power rather than low-voltage power. Not sure though.How do I check to see if my thermostat went out?No power to the thermostate, check the transformer for line voltage and low voltage
  • myspace live
  • What should I name my dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment