Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do you replace a thermostat in a 1998 diesel Chevy Suburban?

It's a 6.2 liter- I mostly need to know where the thermostat housing is located.How do you replace a thermostat in a 1998 diesel Chevy Suburban?Why, it's right there at the end of the upper radiator hose. The same place it is on just about everything.



The repair manual you already bought didn't tell you this? I'd take it back. It has pages missing.How do you replace a thermostat in a 1998 diesel Chevy Suburban?If I remember correctly, it is located under the injector pump. To replace it requires removal of the injector pump. This is something that I wouldn't recommend trying to do on your own. The injector pump is the heart of that engine and if things are not put back together properly, it won't run.

Sorry about the bad news, but I don't want you to cause a bigger problem. I would recommend taking it to a certified diesel repair garage. If you decide to try and repair it yourself. My best siggestion would be to take you time, pay attention to every bolt, and make sure the engine timing is on Top dead center #1 before removing any injector pump components and mark the lines. Hope this helps and good luck. Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment