Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Why does my digital thermostat not keep temperature?

Ok, I bought a digital thermostat this past summer, I'd say about June. I worked great, I can't believe how much my bill went down. Up until about 2 weeks ago, it worked fine with the furnace as well. But now it suddenly stopped keeping the temperature. The furnace just runs constantly, and even if I switch the thermostat to %26quot;OFF%26quot; the furnace just keeps on running. I have to turn it off by using the breaker switch to cut off the power.



Does anyone have any idea why it would do this ? A loose wire or connection maybe? Is it possible the thermostat went bad so soon ? It's getting really annoying having to turn the breaker on and off. If I leave it on while I'm at work, I'm likely to come home and the house will be 86 degrees even when it's 30 outside. If I leave it off too long, then the house is freezing cold.



Any suggestions at all before I spend a fortune on a repair guy would be appreciated. The furnace itself is only about 4 years old.Why does my digital thermostat not keep temperature?could be a short in the thermostat wire. disconnect thr r wire on the t-stas. if furnace still runs disconnect the r wire at the furnace. if it still runs the furnace control board is badWhy does my digital thermostat not keep temperature?usually digital thermostats have batteries in it, check the batteries. if that is not the case unscrew it from the wall and u will see 2 to 4 wires attached make sure they are properly secured it that is not the case i would contact the manufacturer or call in a service tech
  • horses
  • Duvet cover designers research
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment