Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I wire a 2nd thermostat for blower only to my electric system for outdoor wood furnace?

I want the heat pump thermostat to be set on say 65 and the wood furnace to be set on say 70 the wood furnace thermostat only needs to be able to control fan.How do I wire a 2nd thermostat for blower only to my electric system for outdoor wood furnace?Wire to R %26amp; G on indoor air handler terminals.

You could have a problem with feed back through the other thermostat bringing on the compressor depending on the thermostat you have for the heatpump.

You may need an isolation relay.How do I wire a 2nd thermostat for blower only to my electric system for outdoor wood furnace?Use a line voltage t-stat connected to the hot side of blower motor wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment