Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I rig a furnace thermostat in my bedroom that shuts off a blower after the room cools down?

How can I rig a furnace thermostat in my bedroom that shuts off a blower after the room cools down?

I have installed a separate blower in the second storey of our house, but unfortunately it works so well it gets to cold at night.

I have an extra thermostat, I guess I now need a 25v transformer or whatever else to make this happen. This thermostat will be completely separate from the existing thermostat as it is doing a separate task. I need the room to reach a certain temperature and stay there. Programing a timer would not want to guess how the night air will do throughout the night. A thermostat is best. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

VinceHow can I rig a furnace thermostat in my bedroom that shuts off a blower after the room cools down?Get a 24 volt relay and a 24 volt transformer. Wire the t-stat to turn on and off the relay. Wire the fan power lead through the switching contacts on the N.O. posts on the relay. The transformer will take 110 volts down to 24 volts and power the t-stat and then power the relay. The fan will turn on and off with the t-stat. Make sure you have the right configuration on the t-stat. A heat and cool t-stat will have several contacts on it. Use the R (or RC) and Y contacts. This will turn the fan off on temperature fall. R (or RH) and W will turn the fan off on temperature rise. Hope this helps!! Good luck!How can I rig a furnace thermostat in my bedroom that shuts off a blower after the room cools down?most likely you would have to install a thermister in your vent of your room or duct. Then run wires from the thermister to the new stat. You still need to get power to the new stat however like you said. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment