Friday, September 23, 2011

For people who have odd schedules, what kind of schedule is your thermostat on?

I'm a stay-at-home mom with two babes. Sometimes we're home all day, sometimes we're out all day, sometimes some of both. How do I set my thermostat to be both comfortable and conserve on the oil bill?



Thanks.For people who have odd schedules, what kind of schedule is your thermostat on?I'm not sure how anyone else can answer that for you, because it depends on what temperatures you find comfortable and what kind of heating system you have. If it's forced air, the house can heat up fairly quickly. I just turn the heat off when I go out, back on when I come home. It won't kill me to be cold for 10 minutes until the house heats upFor people who have odd schedules, what kind of schedule is your thermostat on?We set our thermostat on 68 deg for a constant temp. U can always add a sweater. My father-in-law is a plumber/HV-AC man and says that set at a constant temperature the keeps the bill lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment