Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I rig a window a/c to be controlled by a thermostat?

I live in a rental apt. and pretty much have to use the a/c that is provided...but it's either full on or full off which get's very frustrating...I want to %26quot;set the temp.%26quot; to 72 or something and be done with it...does anyone know any guides online for how to hook a thermostat up to one of these?



Thanks!How do I rig a window a/c to be controlled by a thermostat?You need a %26quot;line voltage thermostat %26quot; and a little wire ,12 gage , break the hot wire , Black or Red ,to go threw the thermostat . Or you need a 120\24 volt transformer and a 24 v t-stat with a single pole single through relay with a 24 v coil and break the line voltage going to the unit .How do I rig a window a/c to be controlled by a thermostat?I think you have to have a unit that has the temperature control built in, not sure if you can add to an older unit, but you may want to check the brand then check with the maker to see if this can be done.
  • lock file
  • windows live
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment