Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I put a thermostat in my car 1993 mazda mx6?

First of all how much would it cost for me to do it myself or how much would it cost to have it profesional done. My secound question is how do i find my thermostat and how do i take it off? I have heard that it is easy to do but I dont know where to start. If someone could tell me how to take it off and put a new one in that would be great. How long will this take to do. PLEASE HELPHow do I put a thermostat in my car 1993 mazda mx6?Easy to do:

About 10-15 bucks at most.



Buy a chilton manual for your car, they are great things and will describe proccess.



Basics are:



Find radiotor hose where meets engine, should be 2 bolts on a metal housing, remove bolts lift housing, pul old thermostat, replace gasket, add gasket sealer, reseat, bolt back in place.



Done.

Should take 30 minutes if your handy, an hour if not.



How do I put a thermostat in my car 1993 mazda mx6?Easy to do! First, open the hood and find the TOP radiator hose. Follow it from the radiator to the engine block. There is a coupling at the end about as big as you fist. There should be tow bolts holding it down. Take off the two bolts and lift it apart. Take out the thermostat and take it to the auto parts store. They will match a new one for you. Put it back in, right side up! Put on a new gasket and redo the bolts. You are done. The thermostat should cost you less than $5.00 and the gasket is less that $1.00. It should take you just a few minutes to do.How do I put a thermostat in my car 1993 mazda mx6?well i don't know how to explain it to well for you but ill try, first i need to know if its a 4cyl. or v6 engine. but follow one of the radiator hoses (probly) the upper hose to the engine and will go to the housing. the house is held on usally by just 2 bolts. just unscrew and clean the mating sufaces and put the thremostat back in the way it came off.How do I put a thermostat in my car 1993 mazda mx6?Turn engine off and allow to cool, follow your coolant lines to where it meets your engine, take that off, it's probably there, take the old one out, put new one in. DIY (pride that comes along with it) = Cost of part + Time trying to figure it out... Getting it professionally done = Cost of part + Probably like $20

No comments:

Post a Comment