Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I connect my lawn mower thermostat to the air vane?

I was disconnecting my muffler, and the thermostat(?) became disconnected from the air vane. I connected it again, and the engine made a knocking sound.

Specs - Craftsman 6.5hp Power-Propelled Rotary Lawn MowerHow do I connect my lawn mower thermostat to the air vane?It is a throttle and it is connected by a metal rod to the carburetor. There will also be a spring connected to the throttle that is what sets your running speed. of the mower. When the engine bogs down with a heavy load, there will be less air on the vane and the vane will move, the rod will transmit the movement to the throttle and increase the speed of the engine. It is really a governor to maintain engine speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment