Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I install a programmable thermostat?

I only have one white wire and one black wire. I am assuming the white goes with the white but i dont know what to do with the black.I have tried a couple different combinations and every time i turn the power back on the furnace kicks in at 100%....even when i have the thermostat set to off.How do I install a programmable thermostat?sounds like white wire may be 24v it should go to r terminal and black should go to the w terminalHow do I install a programmable thermostat?Follow the instruction guideHow do I install a programmable thermostat?ok normally the white wire is the power which connects to 24 v W or R. and the black is always labeled as common so you should have no trouble then go through the manual and program the thermostat and that may be why your furnace is running 100%

No comments:

Post a Comment