Monday, September 19, 2011

I have a baseboard heater(220v) with a wall thermostat, that was disconnected. How do I re-connect the wires?

There are three wires coming to the heater.(white, black and ground) There are two wires in the heater, both black. There are two wires coming from the wall thermostat to the heater, both black.I have a baseboard heater(220v) with a wall thermostat, that was disconnected. How do I re-connect the wires?Black supply wire to a thermostat wire. The other thermostat wire to a heater wire. The other heater wire to the white supply wire. Making a loop.I have a baseboard heater(220v) with a wall thermostat, that was disconnected. How do I re-connect the wires?Don't mess with it...you'll wind up killing yourself or someone there...or burn your house down. Call an electrician.I have a baseboard heater(220v) with a wall thermostat, that was disconnected. How do I re-connect the wires?that is something that you should let PG%26amp;E re-connect. and

that way they can check for leaks.I have a baseboard heater(220v) with a wall thermostat, that was disconnected. How do I re-connect the wires?First you need to check to be sure that the thermostat is a line voltage unit. That means that it will work with whatever voltage is being used to power the heating unit. If it is and if it has been connected to the heater you're going to be using in the past then it should be the proper type. Make sure the breaker to the line is shut off, then connect one of each of the wires from the thermo. to one of each of the wires coming out of the heating unit. That should do it.





The last time I checked electric baseboard heaters didn't leak, anything.I have a baseboard heater(220v) with a wall thermostat, that was disconnected. How do I re-connect the wires?Sounds like you have a single break thermastat which I dont like. But you can tie one wire from the thermastat to one heater wire first. Then take white wire and tie to thermastat, then take black wire and hook to remaining heater wire.



And some baseboard heaters did have water filled cores just a FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment