Monday, September 19, 2011

What's the best way to know if the thermostat on my car is the cause for my car overheating and what can I do?

My car is 3/4 of the way to %26quot;H%26quot; and whenever I fill the jug under the hood, it runs out fast. People are telling me it may the the thermostat. How can I tell for sure. Also, Can I fix that on my own?What's the best way to know if the thermostat on my car is the cause for my car overheating and what can I do?need to find where the leak is, that is probably the majority of your problemWhat's the best way to know if the thermostat on my car is the cause for my car overheating and what can I do?It is sorta easy to change and will not cost much money.

Replace it and see what happens.

Make sure the radiator is not filled with bugs.What's the best way to know if the thermostat on my car is the cause for my car overheating and what can I do?its the easiest thing to fix (on most cars) i mean if ur losing coolent the housing could be creaked or a line might be leaking. check that out first.next follow the big radiator hose to a large metel thing (thermo housing) and the thermo can be located in there. its just a spring looking plug. u can change it or if u live in a area that is always hot u can just take it out. i live in florida and u dont really need one. but for safety might as well just change it. there like a couple bucks, really easy to do.What's the best way to know if the thermostat on my car is the cause for my car overheating and what can I do?Go ahead and replace the thermostat--its really cheap and easy to do. If that doesn't fix the problem, you most likely have a leak.What's the best way to know if the thermostat on my car is the cause for my car overheating and what can I do?First check for any leaks as well as any blockages to the radiator that would restrict air flow. If that is OK the change the thermostat. For most cars this is an easy task, as are located on the top of the engine where the radiator hose joins the engine. Usually 2-3 bolts plus the new part plus a gasket. You just need to drain part of the radiator first. Be careful on any antifreeze spillage as it is toxic to animals.What's the best way to know if the thermostat on my car is the cause for my car overheating and what can I do?first make sure all piping leading to and from thermostst arnt split to check actual thermosts need to take off boil some water and place thermostat into if inner workings start to close then it ok but is possible rubber gasket seal has split then need to replace just re'place opposite to taking it off

No comments:

Post a Comment