Monday, September 19, 2011

What is the 'lowest' temperature I can set my thermostat for my cat while I'm at work?

I just installed a programmable thermostat. I set it for 68 degrees F while I'm home and 62 degrees F while I'm at home asleep, but during the day while I'm at work, how low can I safely set it for our kitty? Trying to save energy but not leave my kitty miserable. Links to your suggestion are greatly appreciated. Thanks.What is the 'lowest' temperature I can set my thermostat for my cat while I'm at work?Our cats go outside in the winter, and it's below 50 (Los Angeles). Give your cat a box that's just big enough for her to lie down comfortably, with a blanket for her to curl up on, and an opening that's big enough for her to climb in and outm but otherwise enclosed. Inside the box, she'll be warmer, and without a %26quot;draft%26quot; to steal the warmth.What is the 'lowest' temperature I can set my thermostat for my cat while I'm at work?i'd say 65 would be just about right while you're at work, and have it go back to 68 about a half hour before you get home, that way it wont seem so chilly for your kitty and yourself.......we keep ours set at 68 day and night especially since cold weather has come to ohio........What is the 'lowest' temperature I can set my thermostat for my cat while I'm at work?If you leave the thermostat around 65 to 68 degrees all the time, you would be saving MORE energy.



The cat will be fine. They can survive being outdoors in all temperatures.What is the 'lowest' temperature I can set my thermostat for my cat while I'm at work?It's better to keep it at the same or similar temp. all of the time.



She would be fine at 62 or even lower, but make it so you don't have to crank it up when you get home.



Cats live outdoors in all kinds of weather. They curl up and keep warm, plus they have fur (hair).What is the 'lowest' temperature I can set my thermostat for my cat while I'm at work?62 degrees during the day would be okay for kitty. He/She will find a nice warm spot to snuggle down, especially if you have sun coming in some of the windows.What is the 'lowest' temperature I can set my thermostat for my cat while I'm at work?I do the same thing. Instead of heating the whole house when no one is home, it is programmed to go very low during the day and also at night while sleeping. I bought a heating pad for kitty and put it on the chair where she sleeps, then placed a thin blanket over top and turn it on low. I measured the temperature and it is about 100-101, perfect for a cat. She loves it. It has become her favorite spot whether the house heat is up or down. Makes a lot more sense than heating up the entire house, just make sure it's not too hot.What is the 'lowest' temperature I can set my thermostat for my cat while I'm at work?We leave our thermostat set on 50掳 all the time. Our cats don't seem to notice one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment