Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I fix my broken thermostat?

In an attempt to see if everything was connected properly, I took my digital thermostat off the wall, and after putting it back, it's now flashing %26quot;E2%26quot; or something similar. Prior to my taking it off, the AC and fan would turn on. Now, neither will turn on. Any idea how I can fix what I've broke?How do I fix my broken thermostat?In all likelihood you have crossed wires in the thermostat when reconnecting it, the user manual should be able to tell you what the E2 error is.



If it is anything serious like computer error that requires a technician replace it, it is cheaper than trying to repair let alone the frustration of trying to figure out what is wrong.



You can also try the manufacturers web site to see if there is any further information regarding the errorHow do I fix my broken thermostat?With Brant and Totaline t-stats, the E2 error code indicates a brownout. This means that there is some voltage reaching the stat, but not enough. Make sure the connections at the %26quot;R%26quot; and %26quot;COMMON%26quot; terminals are tight.
  • talktowomenplayhardtoget
  • client time
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment