Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I wire a 2nd thermostat for blower only to my electric system for outdoor wood furnace?

I would like to be able to set each thermostat and have both independent. I realize cutting the 2nd one inline to the exisiting and running the original in fan only will work, but I don't want this setup.How do I wire a 2nd thermostat for blower only to my electric system for outdoor wood furnace?Do not wire series parallel ,, this will back feed thru the fan circuit on you regular t-stat when your second t-stat calls for heat and bring on your a/c .. Email ,me at warrior_50c@yahoo.com and I will send you a drawing showing you how to wire it up .I'm going out for about 3 hours,, i will check email when i get home and send you the diagram then.How do I wire a 2nd thermostat for blower only to my electric system for outdoor wood furnace?You will need to hook them through a double pole double through toggle switchHow do I wire a 2nd thermostat for blower only to my electric system for outdoor wood furnace?You would really need a damper or valve(depending on whether you are using air or water as the transfer medium) an electro mechanical set up may be too expensive or complicated for you.I suggest you try and do this manuallyby installing valve or damper and balance it by tril and error over time.How do I wire a 2nd thermostat for blower only to my electric system for outdoor wood furnace?wire them in parallel as you would all the outlets on a same circuit...that way EITHER tstat will start the fan...How do I wire a 2nd thermostat for blower only to my electric system for outdoor wood furnace?place your stats in different areas. get a sparky to wire them in series parallel ( he'll understand that). Have one as your main and the other as your stand by. I suggest a honey well T3690-03. I have one and it tells me when to change my filters. (about $190) these stats are programmable, and will work independently or in series.

No comments:

Post a Comment