Friday, September 23, 2011

Going on vacation for 9 days. What's the lowest I can set my thermostat for most house plants to survive ?

I live in Michigan. Daytime highs are in the low 30's and night time lows are in the high teens. We have several regular green house plants. How low can I set the thermostat ???Going on vacation for 9 days. What's the lowest I can set my thermostat for most house plants to survive ?Depending on how insulated your house is I would say between 55-60. Also if they are near any windows I would move them to a table or counter where they won't be exposed to the air coming through the cracks of the windows. But they should do fine. I would be more worried about pipes freezing if it gets really cold!Going on vacation for 9 days. What's the lowest I can set my thermostat for most house plants to survive ?i would set it to about 50 or soGoing on vacation for 9 days. What's the lowest I can set my thermostat for most house plants to survive ?It all depends on the plant and what they can tolerate, I know African violets and orchids almost die if it get below 50sh, I would give a good guess and say 55F Have a pleasant trip and Happy HolidayGoing on vacation for 9 days. What's the lowest I can set my thermostat for most house plants to survive ?67-68Going on vacation for 9 days. What's the lowest I can set my thermostat for most house plants to survive ?Don't forget to turn down your water heater temp.Going on vacation for 9 days. What's the lowest I can set my thermostat for most house plants to survive ?If you have any tropicals I wouldn't go below 60掳Going on vacation for 9 days. What's the lowest I can set my thermostat for most house plants to survive ?just set it 65 your not going to use very much more fuel from 55 and your plants will not be hurtGoing on vacation for 9 days. What's the lowest I can set my thermostat for most house plants to survive ?I say to keep the plants in good shape put them in the bathtub with a bit of water to keep them moist AND set the thermostat at 55-60 degrees... that should keep them healthy/happy...



Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment